Friday, February 10, 2006

Globalization, How I got my Husband....And Duvel


Now, I'm all for things local but those Belgians really know how to make some beer and husbands for that matter. Stella Artois seems to be the reigning Belgian beer around these parts but thanks to restaurants like Chambar, in Vancouver, Belgian beer is gaining more notoriety lately. I have started to see a lot of places pairing beer with food and why not, with so many varieties, we Canadians should be embracing this new trend whole heartedly, it is, after all our national pastime, isn't it? While I was in Belgium I had the opportunity to sample a lot of different beers, in fact, wherever I went some family member was asking "if I'd tried this one yet", and of course I obliged. They were all good, didn't come across one I didn't like but I always came back to Duvel.
I think I like it so much because it is so...Effervescenty..Bubbly..Foamy. It also leaves a lovely subtle sweet taste in your mouth. Duvel is served in a big snifter like glass that makes it seem like it will last forever as it tickles your nose with a dense foam. Now I know I sound a little to poetic about, what is after all, just beer, but it is a good one, my favorite.
So if Globalization is responsible from getting Duvel from here...







To the rainforest in my back yard....then I'm all for it.

~christle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker