Monday, March 13, 2006

Summerhill 2001 Pinot Noir, almost pretty good


When I saw the Summerhill Pinot Noir I really wanted to try it because it reminded me of one of my favorites, 2002 Summerhill Baco Noir. One thing I forgot when tasting this wine, for me at least, is that a Pinot Noir needs to be accessorized. In this case, with some lovely aged cheddar and Gouda. I find Pinot Noirs in general better with food, which I forgot with my first glass. I found my first glass to be fruity and light but a little to sharp, actually alot to sharp. However, once I added a big chunk of aged cheddar to balance the wine's loud twang, I ended up with a nice symphony of flavor.

~Christle~

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for the link! I had no idea I was on your list. I'll put you on mine over the next few days. Where are you located? I'll try to get some wine over to you for review.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker