Friday, December 05, 2008

Crowd Pleaser




Last night I hosted a family dinner in celebration of my daughter's birthday. I was looking for a inexpensive red for the family who appreciates quantity more than quality, I say that in the most loving way, of course. Also lets face it, it's almost Christmas and I have three birthdays to contend with so we're not dripping with extra cash for the wine upgrades.

Luckily I found the 2006 Beringer Zinfandel which was inexpensive, pleasant and not overly sweet. I found it to be a easy drinking, full bodied red. I am familiar with Beringer wines from previous restaurants I've worked in but they were always pricey and I did not realized they produced the blue collar variety too. In fact after checking out their website found they have products ranging from $7 (2006 Chenin Blanc) to $290 (2002 private reserve Cab Sav). Quite the range but after a hundred and thirty years, give or take, of operation I guess they have discovered diversity along the way.

The Beringer website described this wine as "crowd pleasing" and it definately held true for our crowd. For 13.95 a bottle, I suspect it will be pleasing a few more crowds in our house for a while.

Christle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker